Dermal Fillers are a form of facial rejuvenation treatment. The treatments are similar to Botox, but a lot more versatile and a better option for you if you’re looking to see major improvements in problem areas.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump up your pout
- Re-contour facial disfigurements
- Fill in deep scars
- Treat dark under-eye circles and heavy under-eye bags
- Fill in deeper wrinkles and lines than you would use Botox for
Planning Your Treatment
First, your expert technician will map your face and go over the dermal filler options available for you. We will need to perform an allergy test to make sure you don’t have a negative reaction to your treatment.
After we’re sure you’re in the clear, your technician will work with you to create a custom treatment plan.
Before Your Session
If possible, avoid using Retinol creams or serums and taking blood thinners or blood thinning painkillers like Ibuprofen or Aspirin for two weeks prior to your appointment. Retinol can cause excessive bleeding and photo-sensitivity, which could lengthen your recovery period and cause you additional discomfort.
During Your Session
When you come in for your session, make sure your skin is clean and makeup free. Don’t worry about taking any painkillers on the day of your appointment. Your trained technician will give you a topical anesthetic to numb the injection site(s) prior to your treatment.
After you’re good and numb, your technician will inject the dermal filling gel deep under your skin. The procedure is very fast and straightforward. Your session will only take twenty or thirty minutes to complete.
After Your Session
We want you to have a safe and speedy recovery period, so there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- After facial rejuvenation, you may experience pain or swelling around your injection site(s). DO Feel free to use a non blood thinning painkiller like Tylenol or Aleve to deal with any discomfort you have during your recovery. DON’T take blood thinning painkillers like Ibuprofen or Aspirin for at least two weeks after your treatment.
- DON’T wash, rub, or manipulate your face for at least two days after your treatment. Like Botox, dermal fillers need time to settle and disturbing the process could undermine your investment.
- DON’T go to the tanning bed or expose your face to sun or wind for a full two weeks after your session.
- To avoid skin irritation,DON’T use Retinol or Vitamin C creams or serums or apply makeup for a full two weeks following your session.
- DO wear broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher for one month after your session. Many dermal fillers will cause your skin to be more photosensitive than usual, sometimes for an extended period of time.
Your dermal rejuvenation treatment will last for up to four months. After the initial treatment, touch-up sessions are usually about 15 minutes long.